LPLA Webmasters Guide ~ Not Visible in Menus
A partial list of "how to" operate the LPLA website ...
LPLA Website Functions/Purposes
The following functions/purposes of the LPLA website are listed here to aid in content and style management of the website ...
- consistent user experience
- association administration and operations
- membership participation
- non-member (i.e., visitors) inclusion
- general and specific lake/water health awareness
Gallery style and usage guide
Gallery of images
- All photos uploaded remain with the website, however, reusing those same images is difficult as the upload location (folder path) is complicated, not human readable, e.g.: http://www.littleplattelake.org/uploads/5/9/8/8/59889617/eagle-chicks-p1080546r-orig_orig.jpg (image address from Lightbox context menu) and also (from 2019): http://www.littleplattelake.org/uploads/5/9/8/8/59889617/loon-on-board-p1080834rw-orig_orig.jpg
- As noted, all uploaded images remain as part of the website being hosted (littleplattelake.org) … how many and for how long needs to be clarified (any Weebly policy or guide?). Otherwise, no reason to keep any images greater than TBD years old - who/how to manage also TBD.
- New images are added to the gallery atop the the smaller-sized ‘Gallery’ page element (grid of images). These newer images (max. 5) are each added using the ‘Image’ element and each extends the width of the page.
- More or less, the intent is to keep a chronological top-to-bottom order of the submitted images (without grouping by year) … and keep the TBD newest images on display in the Gallery section (see above re: Image retention procedure TBD).